- 4-6 buns
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and squeezed of as much liquid as possible.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ – ¾ cup Pulo Cuisine Mango Chili Marinade (3/4 cup will help keep the leftovers flavourful!)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the onions. Cook for 5 minutes, or until beginning to soften. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Add in the red peppers and garlic, followed by the red chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until red peppers begin to soften.
- While the vegetables come together, crumble the tofu into small pieces. Pour into frying pan and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the sauce, adding more if necessary. Cook until heated through. Turn off heat and stir in spinach. Once wilted, get your buns ready and top each bun with the sloppy Joe mixture.
- Serve immediately
*Note: For an even wilder experience, crumble the tofu ahead of time and marinade in the Mango Chili sauce. When ready, just pour into the frying pan.