Sweet and Sour
- 500 g ground beef
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Pulo Mango Chili Marinade
- For sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water or pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp Pulo Mango Chili Marinade
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp apricot or mango fruit spread
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a very large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, salt, egg, breadcrumbs, and BBQ sauce. Mix well with your hands.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture and form into a ball. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Place the meatballs in a sealable bag or container, then pour the marinade over them.
- Seal and refrigerate the meatballs for at least an hour, or preferably overnight.
- Bake meatballs on a foil-lined baking sheet at 350F for about 25 minutes, until cooked through and slightly browned.
- While the meatballs are baking, cook rice and make your sauce.
- Whisk together honey, vinegar, water (or juice), soy sauce, ketchup, marinade, and cornstarch in a bowl or measuring cup. Pour the mixture into a large skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk until the sauce begins to boil and thicken, then reduce heat and add the fruit spread, and red peppers. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the baked meatballs on top of cooked rice, then pour the Mango Chili Sweet & Sour sauce over them. Sprinkle with sliced green onion before serving.