- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into large ½”x ½” 1” long rectangles
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally, ½” thick slices
- 1 ½ medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, and cut into large ¾” slices
- ½ small red onion, cut into ¼” slices
- 1 baby bok choy, separated into leaves, and halved lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar Pulo’s Kare Kare Toasted Peanut Cooking Sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼- ½ cup salted, dry roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil over medium-high heat. Pan-fry tofu on all four of the long sides, until golden brown. Use a pancake flipper to help lift the tofu if it sticks to the pan. Sprinkle tofu with ¼ tsp salt. Once the tofu is golden brown, set it aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil over high heat. Add the sliced carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and onion, cook for another 1-2 minutes. Finally add the baby bok choy, and the garlic. Sprinkle the vegetables with ¼ tsp salt. Cook until vegetables are just tender.
- Add the tofu, Pulo’s Kare Kare Toasted Peanut cooking sauce, vegetable broth, and turmeric to the sautéed vegetables. Simmer for 15-25 minutes over medium heat, until the vegetables are tender and the tofu is saturated with sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt if needed.
- Serve the tofu and vegetables over a bed of rice, spoon as much extra sauce as your desire over each portion and finish the presentation with 1-2 tbsp of chopped peanuts sprinkled over top.