- Half a Leg of Smoked Ham
- 1 can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 250g of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of Pulo Cuisine Pineapple Tamarind Marinade
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp of juice from maraschino cherries + cherries for glaze and topping
- Start by preparing your glaze. Crush up half a cup of pineapple chunks and including all the liquid in the can, the pineapple juice, Pulo Cuisine Pineapple Tamarind Marinade and brown sugar, add in a sauce pan and reduce to about half its original volume. Cool down and set aside.
- Prepare your ham by removing the rind if not using a ready to eat ham. Place in baking dish.
- Rub the ham with some brown sugar.
- Pour half the glaze onto the ham.
- Bake the ham in a 180°C oven for 25 minutes or until the glaze has turned nice and dark.
- Pull out the baking dish and cut the ham in slices and then pour more glaze on top, including the drippings in the baking pan. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.