Yam & Chickpea
- 1 large yam, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jar of Pulo Coconut Adobo cooking sauce
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 spinach tortillas
- avocados, sliced (optional)
- Place diced yam in a microwavable dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes, until yams are soft. Once cooked, drain water and set the yams aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for several minutes, until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add cooked yams, Coconut Adobo sauce, and chickpeas. Cook for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Lay out tortillas and place a handful of spinach on top of each.
- Add the yam and chickpea mixture (and avocado, if using), then cover with another handful of spinach.
- Wrap up the tortilla, and cut it in half before serving.